May 13, 2010

Exhaustion

Oh Kinsey Jewel,
I really thought by this time I would be feeling energized and "like my old self" again. I'm beginning to realize that I will never be my old self again. Its impossible. My body has changed, my priorities have changed, my available time has changed. I look at pictures from 3 years ago, and think, "I want that Heather back". But then I wouldn't have you and that is not acceptable. Maybe there are some things I'll just have to accept about myself. I'll never be a size 6, I'll never feel energetic or rested again, I'll never have cash flow, or income that isn't spoken for, I'll never be free to workout twice a day...but I would never change it if it meant no Kinsey. I love you, and in the past 3 months, you've grown to bring me such joy and happiness. I know it will only get more complicated from here... but I am trying to enjoy each moment. Someday I'll feel rested (At least from time to time), and I won't care about that Heather in 2007. But for now I am transitioning, however poorly.
Even exhaustion doesn't change my love for you,
Your Momma,
Heather Jo

1 comment:

Carole said...

You WILL have times of energy & feeling rested, along with times of experiencing the richness of your current life. But I know that God is working with you to accept the very difficult times as from his hand, along with the good. He does absolutely promise to use all difficulty to make us more like Jesus--people we really do want to be. I'm enjoying the blog! Carole