September 09, 2010

The misadventures of Kinsey Jewel

Ok. We've tried swimming, as you can see above. I'm not sure its your favorite activity. You much prefer kicking the floor. Or eating. Or flapping your arms up and down. But I just love this picture of you Miss Kinsey. You look just, I don't know, like the calm after the storm. "Whew! I'm in momma's arms, not in that water anymore." Too bad, I have way too many cute swimming suits for you to wear- you are just gonna have to get over it, and do this for momma. I promise to be there with you. I won't let anything happen to you- I promise darling.
This just makes me think about all the things I avoid because I'm afraid I will fail. Don't look at life that way Kinsey. Its way too short to always be holding yourself back. Experience life. Learn life. Failure doesn't matter. It really doesn't. If  it did, then God wouldn't love us the way He does. I don't care if you fail at something. At anything. You are still my daughter and I love you. I love love you. More than I can express. And He loves you even more, and better, and more completely, and totally unselfishly. Awesome, isn't it? In every meaning of the word, awesome. So go on, try new things, experience new life, open your heart to others, tell others the truth. It doesn't matter if you fail. I'll be here to catch you, comfort you, encourage you. And if I fail at that (which I'm sure I will at some point), God won't. He's the only one that won't fail EVER. His salvation doesn't fail you, He won't fail you, His word won't fail you.
Happy misadventures baby!
Love,
Your Momma,
Heather Jo

No comments: