June 02, 2011

Growth Spurt on the Horizon? Or Hanta Virus?

so...you've been sleeping... a LOT, the last few days. And eating a fair amount. Enough to make daddy ask " Does she usually eat this much in one sitting?"
I don't know if its because of my internet "research" on hantavirus while we were getting rid of our friendly neighborhood rats, or just plain mommy anxiety. But I can't help but think that you are sick. I hope its just a growth spurt- about time really!
I pray for your protection and immune system every night as I lay awake, unable to sleep because I'm afraid. Afraid of losing you. Afraid of the guilt that would follow me around if you did indeed get sick. Afraid that my marriage would end because I would blame daddy for not taking care of the rodents soon enough. Afraid that you would suffer for my lack of well, everything good.
I might actually feel better if instead of beating up on myself figuratively, I just did it literally.
Hide the baseball bats.

Your momma,
Heather Jo

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Growth spurt, definitely growth spurt. Do NOT buy any new clothes for a month or so.

StridentWorshipper said...

Good to know. I've already been tossing things left and right the last couple months. She must really be getting ready for a good one now!