June 29, 2011

This parenting thing is really challenging me...

I'm sure you've read it here before, but I can't seem to grasp how hard parenting really can be. Not even "can" be, but really just IS. Brace yourself Kinsey for some truth- I no longer have my life to myself, to do with "basically" as I please, have expendable income to do fun things, to only not sleep through the night because I drank too much caffeine, not worry about how to discipline, what foods to feed someone else, what example I'm setting, what bad habits I'm teaching you, and no germs to have slimed all over my face at any given time or place. 


Now having said all that. . . I love you. I wouldn't trade all those "rights" and "privileges" I had before for the privilege I have of being your momma. Sometimes I get worn down, my resolve dissolves, my spirit falters, my hope fades and all seems hopeless. Like this is just a cruel joke. And I'm not getting the short end of the stick- you are. Which makes it seem even worse. 


Lord help me. I believe that you chose to give me Kinsey as a beautiful daughter, I don't understand why, but I believe you did for a reason. 
Help me to be the best for her. The best of what she needs. The best of who you made me to be. Help me overcome my unbelief and embrace my calling as her momma. 


Kinsey I love you muchly. 
Your momma, 
Heather Jo

No comments: