July 07, 2015

Life Lessons

Tonight when I got home from work, I asked you Kinsey three things you had done today.
You refused to tell me.
Of course first my mind is immediately frightened that something bad happened.
I ask again...
You say " nothing".
I ask a little more demandingly.
You say "Never!"

You have a time out in your room.

You come out of your room and proceed to tell me through some tears that you'll never do that again. (Trust me lovey, you absolutely WILL).

Three hours later.....

You come into the front room where Im watching t.v., and say "umm Momma? I need to have a little talk with you."
" You know when you hurt my feelings and put me in my room for a timeout?"
" I don't think that's right."
" You hurt MY feelings!"
"You need a timeout."

Well, you're more right than I'd like to admit.
But I am your momma, and God gave me the responsibility of teaching and training you.
Even on the days I don't want to, or don't feel like I have the strength, or patience.
Even when I want to scream and have my very own tantrum.
Even when my to-do list is a hundred miles long.

I love you Kinsey Jewel.
In these days, I see in you the battle, something worth the injury and loss of war, someone that God created and intended for good things.

Your Momma,
Heather Jo

No comments: