March 29, 2010

Materialism

My Beautiful Kinsey Jewel,
I have to admit to you my little girl that I am completely materialistic. I desire to be content with what I have and what God provides for me. But I find myself constantly craving more. More of anything. Food. Clothing. Jewelry. Cosmetics. I'm always changing what I like and it becomes difficult and nearly impossible to satisfy myself. I have been convicted to put some serious work into this flaw. I want to overcome. I know God can do it in me. I do not want you to struggle with this. I am praying for you little one. By His grace I will be able to be a godly example of contentedness for you Kinsey. By His grace. And if by some reason I am still struggling with this, He will touch your heart and mind to understand that I am human, imperfect and still learning. And that you have the will and strength to overcome with His help what I could not. I believe that. I believe that you are special. You were created by His hand. In His timing. For His purpose. I pray for you every night before I fall asleep, that you will have a transparent, genuine relationship with Him. A relationship that is vital to the fullest life possible. This very moment you are napping, and snoring a little, and I find my heart to be full. Full of love for you, full of anticipation to discover who God created you to be, full of anxiety that I will permanently damage your delicate soul. Its so much. I'm not sure I can take in anymore. I love you Kinsey Jewel. His Royal Victory and Precious Stone.

Your Momma,
Heather Jo

1 comment:

Emily said...

This brought tears to my eyes:)