April 06, 2010

Wonder

My love, my daughter, Kinsey Jewel;
This morning as we drove to work you were staring in wonder at all the trees and such as we passed by. I remember the days of my youth when everything around me was wondrous. Every new tree and flower were amazing and beautiful. My sweet one, as you get older you'll keep looking for the thing that will never lose its wonder. I am sad to tell you that everything and everyone loses that newness, the infatuation that comes with the beginning, the wonder. That is, except God. He is always revealing new characteristics, in new ways, in each person's life. He is completely full of wonder, and awe-inspiring, as is His creation around us. You are an awesome wonder-filled work of His hands. His wonder never fades. We can never fully understand Him, we can never fully grasp who He is, what He's done for us. Kinsey, our Heavenly Father loves you SO much. You were created by His hand, in His timing for what I'm sure is a godly, incredible purpose. I pray that you will be blessed to see at a young age the rotting, temporary value of everything else in comparison to Him. And spend this fleeting life gaining eternal treasures that you can lay at His feet, as you stare at Him in wonder.
With all my heart,
Your momma,
Heather Jo

No comments: