April 09, 2010

Helping God


My independent Kinsey Jewel,
The past week you've developed a new habit where you really try to hold onto the bottle, while holding up your own head in an attempt to "help" me. I try to tell you relax, I have you. I will feed you, take care of your drool, take care of your spit up, and leaking. I will make sure you have enough. I will be here to love you as best as I can. I will support you and be your biggest cheerleader. Yet you still try to "help me", thereby getting in your own way. Auntie Heidi made a great analogy today- its like the way we as God's children try to "help" Him. She is totally right. I try to "help" God all the time, probably getting in my own way. He's holding me saying "Heather I have you. I will make sure you are satisfied and taken care of, and full of my joy." And I cannot understand. I wonder, does he smile at me like I smile at you, Kinsey? Relax. God is taking care of you. He promises. And His promises are 100%.
Your Momma,
Heather Jo

No comments: