April 21, 2010

Like a Weed...



My sweet, happy Kinsey,
Its so easy to be negative. Often our "expressing our opinions" is just a way for us to complain about everything around us. Politics, authority, fashion, prices, and list is never ending.I have struggled with negativity and bitterness most of my life. I had forgotten over the last few years how ugly speaking negatively really is... until I heard some students speaking about someone. They were "discussing" someone and it was nothing but complaining and being negative. They were obviously bitter and it was ugly.

We aren't supposed to be like that. We are suppose to love and forgive. We are suppose to let God deal with revenge. and even that doesn't matter because as a wise Biblical scholar revealed to me one day, if they are Christ's than everything they did, do, or will do is covered with His blood and is already forgiven, so we might as well forgive them too.
Negativity is like a weed, it grows fast and spreads quickly. I'm afraid that I am guilty of being a catalyst, and the start of that weed. I don't want to be anymore. I want to be like Roundup- and kill the weed before it spreads. Kinsey I want you to be Roundup+, kill the weed and spread love and forgiveness. Let's stop judging each other, let's show grace, and let's stop letting negativity rule our minds and our tongues.
Love and Forgiveness to you always Kinsey Jewel,
Love your momma,
Heather Jo

No comments: